Currently we are fitting out a huge project at the Royal Infirmary in Kingston Upon Hull
This consists of an assortment of products including…
• Window Reveals – Greatly enhances the transition from inner frame to wall and so makes the sill and wall cladding a seamless item. This alone is almost a yearlong project to replace all the window reveals at the Hospital.
• Integrated Panel System– Our IPS Units can be found in a wide verity of places around the NHS from the New CT Department at Hull Royal along with their main entrance foyer to various Wards at the Castle Hill site.
• K.WaC Protection System – Our Kicker, Wall & Corner Protection System has been designed to keep high traffic areas looking as new as the day it was installed. The NHS has embraced this system and is currently specifying it to enhance existing older areas as well as being standard fitment to new departments.
• Workstations & reception Desks – These are being installed in select areas where a new clean & fresh look is paramount.
• Visually Enhance walls – A stylish way to keep the patient entertained whilst waiting to be seen.
The new Children’s Emergency Department
Pretty much everything in this department that is associated with the look and feel has been manufactured by Leisure Technique. Our aim was to produce an aesthetically pleasing environment that would also be anti-bacterial, easy to clean, hard wearing and entertaining for the children.
• The ‘Nemo’ inspired curved partition wall & the TV wall both have the delightful sea scene printed onto Kydex® then sealed to keep the image looking fresh.
• Both the Reception Desk & the Workstation are wrapped in Ribbon Blue Kydex® which brings a stylish and uplifting feel, especially when the down lighting is switched on.
• A 3D Jigsaw Puzzle wall cladding incorporating the word ‘Welcome’ in many languages was created to bring a friendly tactile feel to the ward.
• There were three plain looking support columns that needed brightening up. These were masked by Kydex® and include portholes to maintain the nautical theme.
• A handful of mobile coffee tables were added to double up as handy toy storage
• Unusual ‘Way out’ signs & Room Arrows
The new Minor Injuries Unit
As with the Children’s Emergency Department Leisure Technique were tasked with bringing a bright and clean feel to the new unit. This consists of our K.WaC System enhancing all corners and wall to floor transitions, a new Reception Desk, Illuminated Room Vacancy Panels, a Visually Enhanced Wall and a couple of work stations.
The new CT Department
This time Leisure Technique was asked to design a functional well lit storage cabinet and to compliment it with two Wash Hand IPS Units and our K.WaC System along with a workstation in the remote control room.